This practice follows the national policy for childhood immunisation. Further information can be found on the NHS Immunisation Schedule website.
Before bringing your child for an immunisation injection please check the following 6 points. If the answer to any of the questions is yes then please seek advice at the surgery:
- Is your child suffering from any feverish illness?
- Has your child ever had a fit or convulsion?
- Is your child taking steroid treatments?
- Does your child suffer from any disease affecting the immune system?
- Does your child have a severe reaction to eggs?
- Has your child had a serious reaction from a previous injection?
Useful websites (click to visit)
Fit for Travel - a public access website provided by the NHS (Scotland). It gives travel health information for people travelling abroad from the UK
Foreign and Commenwealth Office
NHS Immunisation - the most comprehensive, up-to-date and accurate source of information on vaccines, disease and immunisation in the UK.